Remote Learning Tuesday April 28th

Its Tuesday already! Today I have an I-Spy challenge for you to complete! Also, don’t forget to check out the specialist’s blog pages each week for Music, Art, and PE activities for each grade level! Today is an exciting day for me as I have new pictures of Baby Eloise to share with you today! I cant wait until she arrives and we all get to meet her! We STILL haven’t decided on a middle name!! If you have a good idea, feel free to comment on this post! Below you will find the new baby picture, as well as some of the fantastic color wheel pics that are coming in for the Ms. Martha Weekly challenge!

1. Word Work/Writing: (30 min) I Spy Challenge! Today’s I-spy has three letter words that you can tap out! When you find a word hiding in the picture, circle it. Then see if you can tap it out to see what the word says. On your recording sheet, match up the word to the correct corresponding picture! OR you can start by tapping out and writing all of the words, then seeing if you can find them in the picture!  The attachment is labeled “What’s the Word Bird”

2. Science:  Log on to “Let’s Find Out” Magazine’s page. During the school year, students usually take home one a week in their orange friday folder. You may now access these online, and virtually complete the activity at the end of the virtual magazine. Access the website here: https://letsfindout.scholastic.com/home-page-logged-in.html  The classroom code is Roadsize6105. Read and complete the activities for “A Caterpillar Grows Up”

3. Art: Tuesdays are usually art days at school! Log into the art teacher’s blog to complete her assignment for Kindergarten for the week! 

4. Get Outside! See what you can build using just the things you can find outside. Will you build a fairy house? A home for a bug to live in? A new game using pebbles and stones and sticks? A map of your backyard? A maze? An animal trap? Get creative! 

5. Reading: Find any good book or two (or three), a favorite sit spot, and set the timer for at least 20 minutes. You might even bring a stuffie or pet with you to share your stories! Look through all of the pages and see if you can tell the story using your own words. What do you notice about the pictures in the books you chose? What do you notice about the words? Do you spot any words you can read? Trick words or popcorn words? Count how many pages are in the book you just read.  Do you have a favorite place to cuddle up and read? 

6. Symphony Math: (20 min)  http://content.symphonylearning.com/assets/student/start.html?v=7.2

Attachments:

Whats the word bird

One thought on “Remote Learning Tuesday April 28th

1. I absolutely love the color wheels!!! What a fantastic idea. I also love how different they all are. Way to go!!